Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 7, 2012

one month

My little Elliott is one month old today! With the holidays, birthdays and visitors, this month has just flown by! I hope I get enough sleep to remember the rest of the year.

Elliott had his one month check up two days ago and he's a healthy little boy. I was shocked when his doctor told me he weighed 10lbs already! He's in the 50th percentile for everything, I just forgot how fast newborns grow in their first month. Since his weight dropped from 7lbs 6oz at birth to 6lbs 14oz two days later, he has gained a little over 3 pounds in 4 weeks! As far as elimination communication is going, Elliott is already starting to eliminate on cue, which is pretty neat!

He's a sweet little boy who loves to fall asleep on your chest. He has spent a good part of this week sleeping on his grandma who is visiting and cooking us lots of yummy food. Big brother Oliver loves to hold him and do whatever Elliott is doing. I gave Elliott his first bath in the infant tub (placed in our bathtub) and Oliver hopped in afterwards. I wish I had my camera with me to get a picture of Oliver sitting in the infant tub in two inches of water. Oliver also joins him on the ground for tummy time and on his play gym. Other than that, Elliott spends most of his time nursing and sleeping in the moby wrap or with me in bed.




No comments:

Post a Comment