Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 9, 2012

pez (paleo hack)

I've been scrounging the house for fun toys/snacks to bring for Oliver on our flight next week. I want to make sure he has plenty to do since I'm sure I'll be occupied with Elliott. I was looking for a small container to pack a few dark chocolate chips in, but I couldn't find one small enough. I only want to pack 5 or so. Then I went through some drawers downstairs and I found four old Pez dispensers that I had saved from when I was a kid. Perfect! The 365 brand of 70% dark chocolate chips happen to be nearly the same size as a Pez candy, and much healthier to boot.

Just out of curiosity I looked up the Pez ingredients: Sugar, Corn Syrup, Adipic Acid, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel & Palm Oils And Soybean Oil Mono & Diglycerides, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Artificial Colors (including FD&C Red 3,Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Blue 2). Not exactly Paleo or healthy by any means.

Oliver doesn't even know what Pez are but I know he's going to love this delicious and healthier version!




No comments:

Post a Comment