Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 19, 2011

36 weeks

36 weeks today! Seriously, where has the time gone? I'll be full term in a week, which is the earliest I can have my home birth (any earlier and I would end up at the hospital). My stomach looks humongous compared with two weeks ago, and the midwives are happy that my weight gain is up to 10 lbs. I've made a lot of progress on the home birth preparations. There was a long checklist of supplies that needed to be purchased, and I think we have everything now. I also ordered the labor tub and froze a batch of brownies for everyone to eat while I'm in labor. I just have a few more loads of laundry to make sure everything is super clean for the baby.

We have also figured out who will be present at the birth: Nick, of course, one of my midwives plus a backup midwife, my friend Kaila (in charge of video and Oliver) and Sarah (my photographer). I've been thinking a lot about whether to have Oliver present or not (Jim and Cynthia can always pick him up) and I think we're going to let him stay as long as he is comfortable. I have watched three home births (two water births) on YouTube with him, and he didn't seem bothered by them. He actually asked to see more after the first one. I think he has somewhat of an understanding about what will happen. I also know several other toddlers who were present at their sibling's birth and did just fine.

Here's my 36 week belly. I like the picture of Nick better, which I took while checking the camera settings. Love the new camera/lens and I'll post more about that later.

1 comment: