Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 27, 2011

green soup

I'm hooked on this Binny-inspired green soup that we made while I was visiting earlier this month. I've sort of adjusted it to my tastes, and to my surprise, both Nick and Oliver like it! This is a picture of Oliver eating by the spoonful! One day he ate three small bowls full in one sitting. Now I don't care if he eats any other vegetables for the rest of the week :)

Here's my recipe:

2 carrots
1/2 bunch broccoli
1/2 bunch kale
1/2 bunch chard
2 oz cheese of your preference
almond milk (or other milk of your choice)
olive oil
walnut oil
salt and pepper

1. Steam veggies in a small amount of water, retaining water.
2. In a blender, combine steamed veggies plus water, cheese, and almond milk until it reaches desired consistency.
3. Add about 1 Tbs of oil (I use olive and walnut) and salt and pepper to taste.

Makes 1 full blender, about 40 oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment